Camping with Spencer & Kimber

So I am a little behind on blogging so I deceded to include the dates of the next few posts so that you don't get confused and so that I don't either.

July 15-July 17

Spencer invited me to go camping with him and Kimber. Kimber has never been camping besides girls camp. Spencer felt that needed to be changed. It started out as kind of a stressful trip. We were going to go camping up Big Cottonwood canyon but when we got there the campsites were full! Ahh! To make a long story short we ended up going to Strawberry Reservoir which is on the other side of the mountains and quite a longer drive than we had planned but we found a spot.

The view from our campground.

We didn't arrive until around eight at night so we had to hurry and set everything up before it got dark. Quite exciting. Where we camped was mostly for trailers so there wasn't really any shade. It got very hot during the day.

Spencer setting up his new camp stove! We had hamburgers. Spencer tried to drain one of the pans of all the grease and ended up dumping one of the hamburgers into the fire. Luckily we had another one. :)


Our roaring fire! We roasted some very nice mallows. The BIG ones! :)


Chillin' in the tent.

My sunglasses broke a few weeks ago and so I'm currenlty without any. Spencer had a extra pair that he let me borrow. Good thing too because it was super bright during the day. Do you like our tent? It is bright orange and yellow!!


To stay cool we went down to the reservoir. The water looks super blue which it was but the water was also murky right near the shore so we didn't venture in. There was a very nice breeze coming off the water so we just sat and read and relaxed.


So pretty!


Rockin' Spencer's shades!


Our sweet tent! I don't know why but I really like this picture!


We really wanted to go on a hike. There were some trees up behind our campground so we decided to go explore. It ended up being a forest of birch trees. It was absolutley beautiful especially since we went in the evening when the sun was setting.


I love nature!


We randomly came across this and my first thought was "I bet there is a dead body in there!" I think I have been watching too much Bones! :)


Pretty clouds. It was so beautiful up on top of the little hill that we climbed. You could see out on the reservoir and it was gorgeous!


Hiking back down.


It was very fun camping trip. Thanks for inviting me Spencer!


1 comment:

Melissa Bell said...

Looks like you had fun! But I just have to wonder who wears a nice white shirt camping? ;) Oh I guess Spence does. Lol!