Harry Potter: The End of an Era

As you all know the last Harry Potter movie came out on Friday. I went and saw it with Tyler, Kortney and Annette at 3:15 in the morning! It was so much fun. Overall I really liked the movie even though they did change a few things from the book which I wish they hadn't. It was fun seeing the movie on opening night will all the other hard core harry potter fans. It was fun to react along with the rest of the audience to the movie. Everyone laughed, cheered and even cried. During one part of the movie it was dead quite in the theater except for sniffing noises. You could seriously hear people crying. It was so touching. Everyone cheered at the part with Mrs. Weasley and Bellatrix Lestrange! It was a very emotional movie.
The trio from the first movie that came out in 2001 and here we are ten years later for the last film. Look how small they are. I grew up reading and watching these books and I feel like they have grown up with me. Harry Potter will be something that I will always remember and always look back on when I think of those days. I can't believe that it is actually over. At least we can relive it by reading and watching the movies again and again. There were so many emotions that come with the ending of this fabulous story.


Ginny Weasly played by Bonnie Wright. She did a fantastic job. It was fun seeing her in the "19 years later portion of the film." When I read the books I always wanted Harry to end up with Hermione but after watching all the movies and see Ginny interact with Harry I guess you could say that I am now happy that he ended up with Ginny. They make a very cute couple.

Snape. What can I even say about him? He rocked! Alan Rickman was amazing! Everyone in the theater got a little emotional when they showed Snape's memories. It was very touching.

I really liked Neville in this movie and thought the actor that portrayed him did a good job. I love his funny lines and what he brought to the movie and his heroic speech at the end of the movie.

Farewell! Good luck with the rest of your lives Emma, Daniel and Rupert! Thanks for giving us all the gift of Harry Potter on the screen! You were amazing!

1 comment:

Melissa Bell said...

I always wanted Hermione and Harry to hook up too! I'm excited to see the movie but at the same time I don't want to watch it. Because that means it is over. :(