Bear Lake

July 22

Roy and Annette took some tim off work and for one of the days we decided to go on a day trip to Bear Lake.
It was cold but I just can't get enough of water for some reason. The best way to deal with cold water: run and dive in head first. Brrr..... So much fun!


Splashing around. We swam, ate some food and swam some more. It was a hot day and the cool water felt delicous. The water was super high this year and you could see the tops of trees pretty far out in the water.




Daddy & Mommy Poulsen even came in!


I'm on top of Kortney's shoulders. This did take a few tries especially to get a picture of it.


Kortney on my shoulders!


So apparently Bear lake is famous for its raspberry milkshakes so we got some!


Very delicious.

We also went and visited my Grant Aunt Renee on my Grandma Shurtliff's side of the family but I found out that she was also best friends with my Grandma Ririe. Small world eh? She had the coolest house ever! It was pretty much a museum. I can't remember when it was built but it is very old. She had an antique stove that she said still works, an antique fridge and pretty much antique everything. It was way cool and I wish I had taken some pictures of it. When I told Renee that I was Jean Ririe's grandaughter she was excited. She told me that she had something that my grandma made and started to walk towards this china cabinet. Right when she started walking over there I knew exaclty what it was. There was a bear sitting on the top of it with a cute dress and hat on. She pulled it down and handed it to me. I almost started crying holding the bear. For those of you who don't know my Grandma passed away in November three days after her 82 birthday. It was a beautiful bear and had Grandma Ririe written all over it. It was one of her musical box bears and played "As I Have Love You." It was touching to see that my Grandma's bears have made it all over the place and that she has touched so many lives.


On the drive home we drove through Logan and took a detour near the temple. It was very pretty but I noticed that it doesn't have an angel Moroni. My aunt said that it is one of the only temples without one and it makes me wonder why we have never added one.

1 comment:

Melissa Bell said...

What a fun trip! That is crazy about Grandma Ririe's bear! Love tender mercies! :)