Les Miserables

I finally got to see Le Miserables!!!

We bought the tickets months ago and I planned on going home after my internship so I would be home to see it. Well I then got hired and didn't think I would be able to go home because I didn't think I would be able to afford it but then Spencer and Kimber decided to go home for Spencer's 10 year high school reunion. So I got to see it along with Mom, Dad, Melissa & Tom.

The play came to Portland years ago but my mom thought I was too young at the time and wouldn't let me go. I have waited FOREVER for it to come back to Portland and it finally did. This was a 25th anniversary production and I guess it was a little different than the one my mom saw but she said it was maybe even a little better.

The play was at the Keller Auditorium and right across is this fountain. We got tehre early so we could get parking and then we sat by the fountain. There were people actually swimming at the top.


The play was absolutley AMAZING! I can't even put how amzaing into words it was. The cast was awesome the set was awesome. It was all just so awesome! :) They had this really cool screen that projected the background of the scenes like the one above. It really added to the set. In one part when the towns people were marching down the street the cast just marched in place and the picutre on the screen moved making it appear as they were walking. It was very cool.


So excited! (this is kind of a weird picture. I don't look very excited but I am!!)


We actually had pretty good seats. We were on the floor. We have seen a couple of other plays at the Keller Auditorium but we were always way up in the balcony and sometimes had to use binoculars to see but this time we didn't!


I loved loved loved the musical and hope that I will get to see it again and again and again!

2 comments:

Melissa Bell said...

Now don't you wish that you would have let me take cute pics of you in front of the fountain? ;) At least I got the pic of you inside eh?

Sandy said...

I am so glad that you finally had the opportunity to see Les Mizerable. How many years did you wait? The scenery was even better than the first time and the company was the greatest. I thought the singers were incredible especially the little girl. Wow. Thanks to Spencer and Kimber for coming out a couple of days early so you could attend the performance.