Silver Star Mountain

While at home I also hiked Silver Star Mountain with Mom, Dad, Spencer and Kimber. It was a lot of fun! The mountain was covered in mist and there was due on all of the flowers and plants. There were a ton of beautiful flowers!

So much dew!

So pretty!




There were so many flowers! The hike was alonga cliff but because of the mist you couldn't see down which made it less scary I think. Unfortunately it also blocked the view. The view is supposidly amazing as you hike up.

Tiger Lily


Wild Iris

One of my favorites!


Mom, Kimber, Dad and I.


Someone made a rock arch over the trail.



Mom & Dad

You can kind of see the drop off to the right but it is covered in mist


I love the color of these. I'm not sure what these are called though.

Inside out flowers

I thought these were very cute




Lupin

Probably my all time favorite wild flower


There was tons of Lupin on the hillside. It made me happy! :)

The mist cleared for a little bit and we got to see the beautiful sky.


At the tope we sat and ate our lunches and waited for the mist to clear again so that we could see the tops of the mountains. There were quite a few people up there waiting and one of them was this cute dog Dixie. Her owner gave me some of her treats and let me feed her. It was way fun.

This is where we hiked to. That tipy top. If you look close enough you can see two people standing up there. The clouds did clear a little bit while we were up there and we could see the tops of Mt. St. Helens, Mt. Rainer, and Mt. Adams. We didn't get to see Mt. Hood though which was a shame.


This was on the way back down when the clouds had cleared a little more. That peak is where we climbed to.




The flowers were so pretty. It was well worth the hike just for those.

2 comments:

Melissa Bell said...

Beautiful pictures! Looks like I will have to make that hike sometime. I think you should have taken Dixie home. You are a dog person aren't you? ;)

Sandy said...

I have never seen so many wildflowers on one hike. I think there were at least twenty different kinds. The pictures sure turned out great. The hike was incredible even though my leggs got a little wobbly on the way down. Great memories.