The Beach!!

WARNING: This post contains a ton of pictures. Some of which were taken by Melissa Bell, Spencer Ririe and myself.


We decided to go to the beach for a day. We went to Astoria first and climbed the column.

The pictures on the side tell the story of Oregon.
We bought some planes to throw off the top. I love Melissa's face in this picture.



The wing of the plane

Melissa wrote her name on her plane so that she could find it again.

The column


Mom & Dad at the top

Kimber, Melissa, Mom and I

This picture is out of order but this is us going back down.

Getting ready to throw my plane off. It went pretty far with the help of the wind and to far for me to retrieve.

Spencer and his plane. He didn't really throw his. He just let the wind take it so it didn't go as far as some of the others.

Melissa and her plane.

Kimber

Tom at the bottom

Mom & I

The bridge over to Washington. Try holding your breath across that baby! It is pretty hard.

After the Astoria Column we went for some lunch at the Bowpicker. We heard about it from Erika and Kari. It is a boat on a trailer in the middle of a parking lot.

The fish and chips were quite delicious.

We then went to Ft. Stevens and walked along the beach by the shipwreck. I didn't want to carry my flip flops so I put them in my back pockets.

Melissa & I. She loves to take feet pictures for some reason. :)


The ship

BOO!

Oh yeah I'm so cool! ;)

And of course you have to carve your name in the sand while at the beach.

There always has to be jumping pictures too! This was kind of hard turing for the camera.

Yay for the beach!

Me, Melissa, Thomas, Mom and Kimber


I love just walking along the beach and listening to the waves. I could do it forever!

Me!

We also went to the bunkers (or whatever they are called) and walked around.



Jumping!

Melly :)

Ahhhhh!

In one of the dark rooms. I love how weird I look in this picture. Ha ha!





After Ft. Stevens we drove out to Seaside.

I insisted on going tot he Candyman. They have 170 flavors of salt water taffy which I love!


So many flavors. The had some new ones too. Like black widow which was black licorice and red cinnamon. (Yuck! Melissa loved it!)

I spent $10.40 which is about 2.5 lbs of salt water taffy. So worth it! :)

We also got ice cream cones. 75 cents can't beat that! I got mountain hunckleberry. So delicious!

Our feet again!

I love water! If there is water I am usually in it!





A nice stroll on the beach. It was such a great trip and I am so glad that we went!

2 comments:

Melissa Bell said...

Not too many pictures. Glad that you liked so many of the ones I took. You should be thankful that I like to take your picture. :)

Sandy said...

Britt the pictures were wonderful. Not too many. Wish I had copies of all of them. I am so glad that we could all be together for a marvelous few days. Anytime you are ther it is a lot of fun. You are a "fun' person to be with. It w